This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup-x86_64.exe v2.889 doesn't select additionally downloaded packages when installing from local directory
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2018 21:16:20 -0500
- Subject: Re: setup-x86_64.exe v2.889 doesn't select additionally downloaded packages when installing from local directory
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On 3/3/2018 6:00 PM, Robert Cohen wrote:
Summary of problem:
When installing Cygwin from a local directory, setup-x86_64.exe version 2.889 doesn't
list the packages that I additionally selected for download when previously downloading
to that directory, and the top line of the GUI under Category view says "No packages found<->Default".
When you run setup to do the install, you need to use the same "Local
Package Directory" that you used when you ran it to do the download. I
suspect you're instead using the directory containing the packages; this
is no longer supported as of setup version 2.883.
- Remove support for installing from a local directory which doesn't
contain a setup.ini file
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple