This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Another setup v2.889 regression?
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: Houder <houder at xs4all dot nl>
- Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2018 22:25:21 +0000
- Subject: Re: Another setup v2.889 regression?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On 04/03/2018 15:11, Houder wrote:
Because there are problems with setup v2.889, I decided to do
some testing of my own.
Thanks for reporting this.
2018/03/04 15:35:20 Augmented Transaction List:
2018/03/04 15:35:20 0 install cscope 220.127.116.11-2
2018/03/04 15:35:20 1 erase cscope 15.8b-1
From override.hint on the "Twente" mirror:
As far as understand, setup should attempt to install v15.8b1
in case v18.104.22.168-2 is installed.
Not the other way around. (currently v15.8b-1 in installed).
Yeah, this isn't working as expected. Time for a bigger hammer...
The previous version has been re-designated as 15.8a-2 (to match what it
identifies itself as with 'cscope -V').
This should make setup update to the most recent version, while still
allowing the previous version to be offered as installable...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple