Re: Another setup v2.889 regression? Again ...

On 2018-03-04 12:45, Steven Penny wrote:
> Hey, I think something is up with your mail client. I see you are using
> "XS4ALL Webmail" (not sure what that is). First you put a new thread here:

xs4all.nl was the 2nd public dial up ISP (q.v. Wikipedia); webmail is a generic
term for a www mail client, a convenient service from ISPs for mail access while
travelling, or as a standalone service e.g. gmail.

>  http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2018-03/msg00038.html
> Then you replied to yourself here:
>  http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2018-03/msg00042.html
> but your mail client is not prepending the subject with "Re: ", so it appears
> you started a 2nd thread. Then you replied to your original post again:
>  http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2018-03/msg00047.html
> and again no "Re: ". Whats even more maddening is that not only do your replies
> not have the "Re: ", but they dont even have the same subject:

My mail client shows everything properly threaded: some folks like clarifying
topics by modifying subjects; the additions are not substantial; the mail client
may be dropping the Re: when the subject is changed.