Re: [bug-gawk] gawk Regression: CR characters are not stripped on Windows

Greetings, arnold@skeeve.com!

> Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:

>> Hi Arnold,
>>
>> On Mar  5 06:36, arnold@skeeve.com wrote:
>> > Is there a way to distinguish cygwin from msys at compile time?
>> > I would not object to restoring the behavior for msys only.
>>
>> __MSYS__ vs. __CYGWIN__
>>

>> Corinna
>>
>> --
>> Corinna Vinschen                  Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
>> Cygwin Maintainer                 cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
>> Red Hat

> Excellent. I will probably do that, soon.

Keep in mind that you should avoid relying on __CYGWIN__ if possible.
Only if certain POSIX mandated functionality could not be implemented at all
using WinAPI you may go for this macro to work around compatibility issues.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...