This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Setup problem (2.889 32-bit)
- From: David Lee <mailtolky at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 12:42:33 +0800
- Subject: Setup problem (2.889 32-bit)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I tried to perform a clean Cygwin installation and encountered a
problem with package versions.
1. Download setup.exe.
2. Run it.
3. At "Cygwin Net Release Setup Program", click next.
3. Choose "Install From Internet". Click next.
4. Pick a root directory. Click next.
5. Pick a local package directory. Click next.
6. Pick a internet connection suitable for you (I had to choose "system proxy").
7. Pick a download site. Click next (I tried http://ftp.jaist.ac.jp
8. Let setup download setup.ini.
9. On the "Select Packages" screen, pick bsdtar. Click next. (There is
nothing special about bsdtar; you can pick any packages that have
liblz4_1 as dependency; see below).
10. On the "Review and Confirm changes" screen, notice there are some
automatically pulled packages. One of them is "liblz4_1", at version
"131-1". However, the current version is "1.7.5-1". You can see by
going back to the previous screen and click on the "liblz4_1" package.
Is there some reason that the setup program downloaded a previous
version instead the current one for liblz4_1? Thanks for helping.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple