KENYA: THE ADVANCED FRONT DESK PROFESSIONALS SEMINAR 29-30 MARCH 2018 AT KSMS, NAIROBI KENYA

NITA
Approved Trainers - No. TRN/1383
The
Advanced Front Desk Professionals Seminar
Greetings!
earnestly invite your organisation to this MUST attend Front Office training
seminar.
This
workshop will give your front office team easy to implement front office
techniques delivered in a highly motivating style.  This special 2 days
will ABSOLUTELY change the culture of their practice and they will return more
knowledgeable and ready to perform as 'Front Office Megastars'.
This
transformative program will give front desk staff the powerful tools they need
to handle the difficult challenges that go hand in hand with their important
job!
We
understand the front desk staff position is often anything but easy. They are
handling telephone calls, emails, late appointments and missed appointments,
cancellations, downtime, payments & demanding customers.  The list can go on and
on.
Venue: The
Kenya School of Monetary Studies
Dates:  29th-30th
March, 2018
Course
Fee: Ksh.
28,200 inclusive of 2 days attendance, meals, seminar kit and taxes.
Payment
and Discount Scheme:
Package
of 3 Delegates + 1 Free
Target
Audience:
Executive
Assistants, Administrative Assistants, Receptionists, Front Desk Staff,
Telephonists, Switchboard Operators, Personal Assistants, Customer Service/Care
Centre Staff

Course
Overview
Several
phone lines are ringing, lights on the phone are blinking, coworkers are asking
questions, and here comes a customer or client. How does the person manning the
front desk of an office handle several people simultaneously with
professionalism and poise? This fast-paced course is specifically designed to
answer this and other important questions for those who work as an
organization’s first-impression representative at the front desk. In addition to
learning the elements of effective verbal and visual communication, participants
will find out how to expertly satisfy even the most demanding, difficult
visitors without jeopardizing their performance.
Program
Objectives
At
the program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
Describe
  the components of a professional image at the front
  desk.
Understand
  that their workspace is an extension of themselves and should reflect a
  professional image as well.
Manage
  all communication with clarity, accuracy, and courtesy.
Improve
  verbal communication with those they meet face to face.
Interpret
  the body language of others to determine how best to communicate with
  them.
Minimize
  interruptions caused by visitors and coworkers in a tactful yet determined
  way.
Implement
  strategies for dealing politely and successfully with discourteous, demanding,
  or dissatisfied visitors.
Explain
  precautionary steps they should take in emergency situations that might
  compromise the safety of everyone in the workplace.
Develop
  a personal action plan to improve both their image and their skills at the
  front desk.
The
following outline highlights some of the course’s key learning points.

Workshop
Outline
Best
Foot Forward: Features of a Professional Image
In
this introductory discussion, participants will discuss the components that make
for a first-class impression. Using an array of visual examples, the facilitator
will help participants discover both obvious and subtle signals front-desk
employees give before saying a single word when encountering others. By
examining the outward signs of those with a polished presence, they will have a
better sense of steps they can take immediately to create a professional image
for themselves and their organization.

One
Step Back: What Will Ruin the Image?
In
this part of the workshop, participants will learn the behaviors and habits that
can destroy not only their image but that of their organization. They will see
how body language, mannerisms, appearance, and personal grooming considerations
can enhance or destroy their credibility. Also, they will see the physical space
they occupy at work is an important part of their image that should not be
neglected. We will also discuss techniques and tools for clearing and organizing
desk space, managing paper, and maintaining a professional
environment.

Whose
Line Is It Anyway? : Taking and Making Calls like a
Pro
As
important as it is to project professionalism in person, it is just as important
to do so over the telephone. In this seminar segment, participants will learn
how to convey a positive image over the phone by using appropriate greetings
that are warm and welcoming. They will find out ways to put callers on hold
politely and learn alternatives to keeping them on hold indefinitely. The
facilitator will also share strategies for taking messages quickly and
accurately, transferring calls with ease and grace, and ending calls with overly
talkative callers without appearing abrupt or rude.

Beyond
Words: What the Body Says
Posture,
arm placement, hand gestures, and facial features speak volumes even when people
are silent. Being aware of their own body signals and knowing how to “read”
those that others send will contribute to both improved personal image and
better customer service. In this portion of the workshop, participants will
complete their discussion of communication techniques by learning how to
interpret body language in themselves and others.

Security
Concerns: Staying Safe at the Front
The
front desk is just that, the front. In this part of the program, we will explore
the importance of being not only courteous but cautious too. During this
segment, we will talk about security, surprises, and what to do if and when the
unexpected should occur.

Grace
under Pressure: Handling Difficult People with Diplomacy and
Tact
The
mark of true professionalism in front-desk representatives is their ability to
deal effectively with problematic visitors without losing patience or dignity.
Remaining professional with those who don’t return the courtesy requires special
skill and remarkable self-control. At this point in the program, we will explore
tactful, polite, and safe ways for handling visitors who have no appointments,
those who are angry and impatient, those who hover and other characters that
present a challenge.
By
the conclusion of this interactive program, participants should have a better
grasp of skills and behaviors the should exhibit to run a friendly, efficient,
and safe front desk

Testimonials

“Thumbs
up! Your resource speaker is the best. She's one of those people who work and
enjoy at the same time. Her energy is contagious.”
---
Concilia Barasa, Kenya Power

“Well
presented and discussed. A very good seminar.”
---
Margaret Mwasi, Kenya Ports Authority

“It
was great attending this training. I am now confident to handle in-house events
in Subaru Kenya. I will definitely attend more of your
trainings.”
---
Irene Njoka, Subaru Kenya

“For
someone who has no front office background, it's amazing that I am able to
understand the lesson very well. I have gained the basic knowledge
required.”
Marion
Oloo, FEU-East Africa College

“I've
been in a lot of seminars, but this is the first time I really participated in
the discussions. For sure, I'll be able to apply everything I acquired from this
seminar.”
Mary
Kimani Thuo, Insular Life

 Do
you have a number of staff who would benefit from this course? For
confirmation of participation, please submit name(s) of your nominee(s) to
front2018@outlook.com

Your
Investment will cater for;
Presentation, Facilitator fees, Soft
Copy of Training Materials (videos & manuals), Certificate of participation,
Lunch & Refreshments.

Other
Upcoming Event:-
Marketing
for Non-Marketers Seminar, 28-30 March, 2018 at Sarova Whitesands
Mombasa

Happy
to be at your esteemed service,
Catherine,
Delight
Africa Ltd,
Dev
Towers - 4th Floor, Suite 4A
Biashara
Street, CBD Nairobi
P.O.
Box 12269 - 00100, Nairobi Kenya
Land
line: +254 722 533 771  Mobile : +254 700 221
221
Fax :
020 222 54 39
WhatsApp :
+254 729 236 920
*‘**Promoting Professionalism in Corporate
Training**’
NITA
Approved Trainers - No. TRN/1383
Front Desk Sem, Dev Towers, Biashara Street, Nairobi, Nairobi City CBD, 20502, Kenya
<http://tracking.targetoffice.co.ke/tracking/unsubscribe?msgid=yc9u6DmkKKISjG_UJ7I4fg2>
UNSUBSCRIBE