This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Eclipse running on debian with remote display to cygwin X11 starts all squashed to a point
- From: Steinar Bang <sb at dod dot no>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2018 18:58:03 +0100
- Subject: Eclipse running on debian with remote display to cygwin X11 starts all squashed to a point
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Here's what I do:
- Start cygwin XLaunch for the Windows 10 desktop
- Select "Multiple windows"
- Launch the lxterminal locally
- In an lxterminal tab do the command
ssh -Y myhost.mydomain.lan
- In the ssh session give the command
What happens is that:
1. First the banner starts and displays normally
2. Then a window shows up squashed to a point, there is an eclipse icon
(possibly intended for the toolbar) near the point, but it can't be
3. It's not possible to stretch or resize the point
4. I tried pressing the return to select the default in the workspace
select dialog (which is the first dialog to open when eclipse is
I think the problem is with cygwin X and/or the way I'm running it,
because I have tried doing "ssh -Y " from a terminal window on the
debian computer's mate desktop to a different computer, and then doing a
new "ssh -Y" from the remote computer and back to the debian and then
started eclipse on the debian computer. And that eclipse started
normally, running through two ssh X forwards.
Does anyone know what might be causing the eclipse display problem, and
what I can do to fix it?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple