This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Unexpected behavior of HOME value
- From: "Joseph L. Casale" <jcasale at activenetwerx dot com>
- To: "'cygwin at cygwin dot com'" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 15:12:27 +0000
- Subject: Re: Unexpected behavior of HOME value
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Does anybody have an idea what could be different on this one system that
> I could check?
The system in question is a laptop and the behavior works as expected when
the laptop is connected to the domain, however it breaks when not. Starting
a vpn session when remote brings the behavior back to what is expected.
What does cygwin do that requires an active connection to the domain in
addition to the logic outlined in /etc/profile?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple