This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: output waring for cygwin process running at setup__.exe
- From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA <tmacchant2 at yahoo dot co dot jp>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com, matsuoka at nuce dot nagoya-u dot ac dot jp
- Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 09:09:26 +0900 (JST)
- Subject: Re: output waring for cygwin process running at setup__.exe
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Tatsuro MATSUOKA <matsuoka at nuce dot nagoya-u dot ac dot jp>
----- Original Message -----
> From: Andrey Repin
> To: Tatsuro MATSUOK cygwin
> Date: 2018/3/19, Mon 08:46
> Subject: Re: output waring for cygwin process running at setup__.exe
>G reetings, Tatsuro MATSUOKA!
>> On cygwin setup, one has to kill cygwin process to execute autorebase in
>> end of setup process.
>> I think it is better to output worning at start stage setup if cygwin
>> process running.
> I'm not quite sure of the steps you took to come to such conclusion.
> Can you please explain?
Sorry for my inadequate description.
At postinstall stage, cygwin setup execute /etc/postinstall/0p_000_autorebase.dash,
this sometimes fails when Cygwin process(es) is(are) alive.
Acooding to http://cygwin.wikia.com/wiki/Rebaseall,
we have to kill or stop cygwin porcesses and sevices before rebase.
This is why I propose that warning messages in pre-install stage in cygwin setup.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple