This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: umask not working?
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: "David Allsopp" <David dot Allsopp at cl dot cam dot ac dot uk>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 20:07:34 +0300
- Subject: Re: umask not working?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, David Allsopp!
> Is this expected behaviour:
> OPAM+DRA@OPAM ~
> $ uname -a ; umask ; touch /tmp/foo ; ls -l /tmp/foo ; mkdir /tmp/bar ;
> touch /tmp/bar/foo ; ls -l /tmp/bar/foo
> CYGWIN_NT-6.1-WOW OPAM 2.10.0(0.325/5/3) 2018-02-02 15:21 i686 Cygwin
> -rw-r--r-- 1 OPAM+DRA OPAM+None 0 Mar 19 13:44 /tmp/foo
> -rw-rw-r--+ 1 OPAM+DRA OPAM+None 0 Mar 19 13:44 /tmp/bar/foo
> Why does the file /tmp/bar/foo get g+w when /tmp/foo doesn't - I'm not sure
> what to look at on my system to diagnose what I may have inadvertently
> tweaked. The directory itself is:
> drwxr-xr-x+ 1 OPAM+DRA OPAM+None 0 Mar 19 13:44 /tmp/bar
Let me guess, /tmp usertemp ?
You have extended ACL on the object. And overall, umask is not a good idea in
With best regards,
Monday, March 19, 2018 20:06:19
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple