This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: GitForWindows vs. Cygwin
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: "KARL BOTTS" <kdbotts at usa dot net>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 02:42:35 +0300
- Subject: Re: GitForWindows vs. Cygwin
- References: <587wcTwzy5968Set.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, KARL BOTTS!
> Can anyone enlighten me about the relationship of "Git for Windows" to
They are not related.
> I have no intention to use GFW myself: I use Cygwin git. But now other people
> around here are discovering GitHub, MSysGit and or GitForWindows. Pretty
> soon, we are going to wind up with multiple git flavors installed on the same
> host, which worries me.
Erm, but how?
> But now I hear of this GitForWindows thing. Which seems to have replaced
> MSysGit, with a GUI thrown in. But is it _still_ a stale fork of Cygwin, or a
> fork at all? Is it descended from MSysGit? I have been googling all over,
> but not finding good answers.
You'd have better chance for the answers at their support channels.
With best regards,
Wednesday, March 21, 2018 02:40:11
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple