Re: Quotes around command-line argument that has unicode characters are not removed

Greetings, Mikhail Usenko!

> In bare cmd.exe native-msvcrt binary is working OK with quoted non-ascii
> arguments, while cygwin-flavor binary is not. But I don't know exactly which
> level here: cmd.exe or msvcrt.dll/cygwin1.dll is responsible for
> such a behavior.

Locale settings affecting Cygwin binary.

If you
set LANG=ru_RU.CP866
(f.e.)
before invoking cygwin testcase in native CMD, you will likely see it
working better.
Alternatively, you could try
chcp 65001

--