This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: texlive-collection-basic requires Perl to be removed
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 08:20:10 -0400
- Subject: Re: texlive-collection-basic requires Perl to be removed
- References: <email@example.com>
On 3/22/2018 10:10 PM, Steven Penny wrote:
This package contains this file:
which in turn calls:
which is a Perl script. I understand that "texlive-collection-basic"
"perl_base", but if a user removed Perl first then uninstallation of
would fail. Perhaps "update_tlpdb" could be rewritten as a shell script.
Failure of a preremove script doesn't cause uninstallation to fail.
In any case, update_tlpdb is the tip of the iceberg. The preremove
script also calls (indirectly) the Perl scripts
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple