This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problem with NC.1.107
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Jay Cotton <lbmgmusic at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 17:15:23 +0300
- Subject: Re: Problem with NC.1.107
- References: <CAE=SzZUe8O3q4hnucctrWr=wvJwHszn8XqpqgYOSG6EOxa3iaQ@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Jay Cotton!
> Just installed nc 1.107-4 expecting to use it to debug some code.
> This is what I get when I try to run it.
> $ nc 192.168.1.135 23
> bash: /usr/bin/nc: Permission denied
[C:\Programs\Cygwin_64\bin]$ nc.exe 192.168.1.1 23
Since nc does not reply to --version, I have no way to tell if it's the same
you are running with.
> The file permissions are messed up.
> $ file /usr/bin/nc
> /usr/bin/nc: writable, executable, regular file, no read permission
> I don't see the PE32+ executable (console) x86-64, for MS Windows
> here is the file in /usr/bin
> $ ls -l nc*
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 lbmgm lbmgm 24576 Mar 19 2013 nc.exe
> I looked at the make file, it seems to be o.k. for generating a
> runable program. (uses gcc) but I don't have enough stuff installed
> to allow a build.
With best regards,
Wednesday, March 28, 2018 17:07:26
Sorry for my terrible english...