This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Filemode change by windows applications
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Kjetil Østerås <kjetilos at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 17:11:18 +0300
- Subject: Re: Filemode change by windows applications
- References: <CAFeO1eoW52-4S4gD0=YL7g1YKsjjn9Jk8twV22e57HmmKQc5vg@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Kjetil Østerås!
> I notice that when I edit and save a file in a windows application this
> file sometimes get the execute file permission set in cygwin. Some windows
> applications do this and some don't. For instance in my setup if i modify a
> .c file using Meld then the execute bit is set, however when I modify the
> same file with sublime text 3 then the execute bit is not set.
> Why does this happen?
This is how Windows operates. Please do not use Windows programs inside Cygwin
> and is there anything I can do to prevent windows
> applications from setting the execute bit on my files?
No, and you will be unable to use Windows associations, if you clear execute bit
With best regards,
Wednesday, March 28, 2018 17:09:24
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple