This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: msmtp depends on Gnome!?
- From: Brian Inglis <Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 19:40:17 -0600
- Subject: Re: msmtp depends on Gnome!?
- References: <20180328215009.GB3763@zebra>
- Reply-to: Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca
On 2018-03-28 15:50, Stephen Paul Carrier wrote:
> msmtp is billed as a light-weight SMTP client and I would like to use
> it with cron instead of ssmtp.
> What's not light-weight is its dependency on libgnome-keyring0 which
> has more dependencies that eventually bring in Gnome. This is for a
> headless workstation.
> Is it possible to remove or replace this dependency so that msmtp can
> be installed without enlarging the size of the install by such a factor?
Look at the other packages under the Mail category e.g. email, mailutils, nmh.
I've poked around with some of them, and most are pretty easy to set up and use,
depending on your requirements.
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple