This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: msmtp depends on Gnome!?
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Stephen Paul Carrier <carrier at berkeley dot edu>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2018 02:50:36 +0300
- Subject: Re: msmtp depends on Gnome!?
- References: <20180328215009.GB3763@zebra> <610cdfa4-be29-ba03-74e6-842334c33eb8@SystematicSw.ab.ca> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20180329231106.GA2235@zebra>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Stephen Paul Carrier!
> My use case is a sendmail replacement (MTA) to use with cron.
> ssmtp does this poorly (and hasn't been maintained since 2009).
Please clarify. What does it not do for you, and what needs maintenance?
> I understand that Gnome may include a library used by msmtp. Maybe that
> library could be packaged separately?
Unfortunately, Cygwin setup does not have concept of "recommended" packages.
https://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PTC , see also https://cygwin.com/acronyms/#SHTDI
> Also, maybe this dependency is just an oversight? Also, maybe
> libgnome-keyring0 is really standalone and doesn't actually depend on
> a desktop.
With best regards,
Friday, March 30, 2018 02:47:37
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple