Re: Hexiom Solver Error: Anchor Not Found

On 04/04/18 11:48, SY Tang wrote:
I recently downloaded your Hexiom solver from your webpage out of interest
(and desperation after failing hundreds of times at the 6x6 size puzzle...
:().

However, try as I might, I am unable to get it to work, I first got an
error which says: *"WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer"*,

It looks as though the Hexiom solver that you're using has Cygwin under the bonnet. The version of Cygwin used is probably quite old and needs updating to work with modern versions of Windows.

See: https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-find_fast_cwd-warnings

I'm afraid that we can't support that here. You need to contact the supplier of the Hexiom solver and ask them to rebuild using a newer version of Cygwin. Failing that, you could compile your own version using the instructions at the top of this file: https://www.benzedrine.ch/hexiom/hexiom.c

Dave.