Re: cygwin Digest 27 Mar 2018 08:53:38 -0000 Issue 10744

On 4/18/2018 3:15 AM, Stephen Lyons wrote:
On 27/03/2018 09:53, cygwin-digest-help@cygwin.com wrote:

For unusual reasons I was looking at my EMail on a Windows PC and it's
Anti-Virus (AVG Free) detected a Win32:Malware-gen infection in the file
Inquiry.exe inside Inquiry.gz inside the third message of this digest
(Issue: 10744) - given that that was a spam message anyhow, is such
*malicious* junk common in this mailing list?  Is it was just that I
happened to be using a vulnerable platform (i.e. Windows) whereas I
normally lurk from a *nix one that means I'm encountering something that
Windows/Cygwin users see frequently here?

Stephen

We have noted an increase of SPAM and some are passing through the
filters of the mailing list.

It is usually not common but in my experience gmail is rejecting
5-10 mail per year from the mailing list due to dangerous attachment.

Regards
Marco