setup-x86_64.exe 2.884 vs. setup.ini 2.891

I'm using a freshly downloaded copy of https://cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe,
which reports itself to be "Setup.exe version 2.884 (64 bit)".

I use http://mirrors.kernel.org

Every time I run the setup program, it reports:

    Cygwin Setup

    The current ini file is from a newer version of setup-x86_64.exe. If you
    have any trouble installing, please download a fresh version from
    http://www.cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe.

I've confirmed that the ini file at
    http://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/cygwin/x86_64/setup.ini
contains:
    release: cygwin
    arch: x86_64
    setup-timestamp: 1524946592
    setup-version: 2.891

I was able to find https://cygwin.com/setup/setup-2.891.x86_64.exe via
a Google search, which works around the problem, but the underlying
problem is still there: the default setup program is inconsistent
with the setup.ini files on the mirrors.

I've been having this problem for several weeks (I don't know exactly
when it started).  I've checked several other mirror sites, and the
setup.ini for all the ones I've checked also specify version 2.891.

If I ignore the warning messages, the discrepancy doesn't seem to
cause any problems.

I'm using Windows 10.