Re: hdparm "Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer"

On 5/3/2018 11:02 PM, Alejandro Soret wrote:
Hello, friends.

I tried attaching a snapshot, but the email got returned to me by your Office 365 saying it was marked as spam. So I will just copy and paste the exact message:

"0 [main] hdparm 5572 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer."

I would really like to be of help to you so please tell me anything I can do to help you mitigate this error. Just to be clear, from what I could test, the app seemed to be working fine after ignoring that warning.

Thank you, keep up the good work.

Best regards,
Alejandro

Hi Alejandro,

we assume hdparm.exe is using an old version of cygwin1.dll,
see FAQ for more details.

https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-find_fast_cwd-warnings

You need to report the warning , it is not an error, to whoever is distributing the hdparm you are using.

Regards
Marco