Re: Request new Ruby release

On Sun, 6 May 2018 00:54:23, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
The question is, if you actually understand your comments are not
appreciated, why do you insist on making them anyway?

because they have merit? i said that already.

GCC as an example is a fast updating package.

No, not really.

its fast in comparison to cygwin releases.

Jon does not maintain all of the cross-compilers,

yes he does?

http://cygwin.com/cygwin-pkg-maint

Exactly.  Griping (or worse) at those who are actually doing the work
while you contribute nothing doesn't get you very far.

this is just patently false. while my builds may not be "blessed" by cygwin,
they are available for anyone to use, and have been for several years.

I have never forgotten that, and hence am prepared to similarly defend
my fellow contributors (albeit probably not as eloquently).

thats nice, but i think your "defense" is unwarranted. all i am asking here is
for at least yearly updates, even if in the form of "[test]" packages, of
important packages. for example, with these:

1. gcc-core
2. gcc-g++
3. mingw64-x86_64-gcc-core
4. mingw64-x86_64-gcc-g++

only 2 of the 4 would meet that criteria. as i was tired of waiting, i built 3
and 4 myself:

http://github.com/svnpenn/glade/tree/master/mingw-w64-x86-64/gcc

and to my surprise with the right options a build only takes about 15 minutes.
so its doesnt seem like a crazy request to me, to have a test build uploaded in
this case.

You are the one who insists on throwing insults time and again, and I
have warned you about your tone before.  I suggest you take heed.

do i though? seriously i would like to know. i went through my posts on this
thread:

- http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2018-05/msg00086.html
- http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2018-05/msg00082.html
- http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2018-05/msg00076.html
- http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2018-05/msg00059.html

and i dont see a single insult that i have made. i might be critical of the
current state of certain packages, but i am not seeing insults here from my end.
take care.