Re: compiling GRASS GIS in Cygwin and Windows 10

On 5/16/2018 9:57 AM, Massi Alvioli wrote:
Hi all,

I need a bit of help with GRASS GIS compiled with cygwin and Windows
10. Right after a Cygwin update,
a few weeks ago, my GRASS 7.2 gui stopped working with a cryptical
Cygwin-related error message reported below.
I tried rolling back a few wxPython-related Cygwin packages to
previous versions, but I had no luck. I also run rebase
a few times, as suggested to heal similar problems in some web
location. Same result going to grass74 (to which the
errors above refer). The source package is here:
https://grass.osgeo.org/grass74/source/grass-7.4.0.tar.gz
and the list of options used to compile GRASS and a cygcheck dump are
attached here!

----- --- -- -
GRASS 7.4.0 (italia):~ >       1 [main] python2.7 8396
child_info_fork::abort: unable to map
C:\cygwin64\bin\cygSDL2-2-0-0.dll, Win32 error 1114

It seems python failed to load cygSDL2-2-0-0.dll

I assume that the output of
  cygcheck cygSDL2-2-0-0.dll
is fine, but probably one of the dependency was incorrectly updated.
Look if there is any /usr/bin/*.new file.

For further dependency check you can use http://www.dependencywalker.com/ on cygSDL2-2-0-0.dll
or run the python compiler under strace.