AutoSSH problem

On Thu, May 31, 2018, 4:58 AM Germain Le Chapelain <german@lanvaux.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I am experiencing troubles trying to set up a reverse SSH tunnel:
>
> I have installed AutoSSH as such:
>
> cygrunsrv.exe -I AutoSSH -p /bin/autossh -a "-M 20000 -R
> *:5900:localhost:5900 SMI@lanvaux.fr" -y tcpip --type auto -e
> AUTOSSH_NTSERVICE=yes
>

> Now, it works great, except if the ssh service at lanvaux.fr would
> become unavailable.
>
> In this case, the service stops.

If you're still having problems:

I've had it working for about 4 years.  I've set it up on at least 4
different windows PCs.  WIN7 and WIN10.

I changed jobs 6 months ago so I no longer have access to any of the computers.

But I did write-up my notes as a blog post:

https://lizards.opensuse.org/2015/04/20/using-opensuse-as-a-reverse-tunnel-site-for-windows-7-remote-desktop/

Key section of the write-up for your issue assuming your SSHD server is Linux:

===
4) Tweak the sshd_config on the server

By default openSUSE enables “AllowTcpForwarding” and “TCPKeepAlive”.
Verify they are either commented out or set to “yes” in
/etc/ssh/sshd_config

Set “GatewayPorts yes” and “ClientAliveInterval 300” in /etc/ssh/sshd_config.

Also make sure they are not commented out.

restart sshd to get the config values to be re-read:    sudo systemctl
restart sshd.service

===

Maybe that will help.
Greg