Re: running self compiled 32 bit binary on 64 bit Windows?

On 6/6/2018 1:49 PM, Andrey Repin wrote:
> Greetings, Soegtrop, Michael!
>
>> Dear Ulli,
>
>> for MinGW (your ldd dump didn't include Cygwin dlls, so I assume you are
>> doing MinGW builds)
>
> It did not include cygwin1.dll because he ran ldd on a system, where that
> library was missing. May be you are right and he compiled it using
> cross-compiler.

Andrey, as I read the mail Ulli sent he showed that he was using Cygwin
so why wouldn't cygwin1.dll be shown if the app required it?  I often
run non-cygwin apps in Cygwin and if there is a problem the pipes just
don't get flushed correctly to display the data.  To overcome this I
start a cmd.exe window from my Cygwin shell, this leaves the environment
set for the cmd.exe process.  I then run the problem app and find the
issue easily.

--
cyg Simple