Re: [bug: csih] Setting privileged rights to cyg_server fails on Windows 7.

Hi Corinna,

On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 20:14:07 +0200
Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> There's something fishy in your environment.  The variable LOGONSERVER
> is always set in Windows NT, at least since NT4.  For standalone
> machines LOGONSERVER is set to "\\<machinename>".  You should really
> try to find out why LOGONSERVER isn't set for you.

With your advice, I have found the cause. I usually logon as a user
who does not have administrator rights for security reason. This user
belong to only "Users" group. When I need administrator rights,
I use "Run as administrator" menu to switch to another user who
has administrator rights. In this case, LOGONSERVER is not set.

If I logoff from the first user account and logon as the second user,
LOGONSERVER is set.

Moreover, the behaviour above seems to be true not only on Windows 7,
but also on Windows 10.

I have confirmed that iu-config successfully finishes without the
patch I proposed, if I logon as an administrative user instead of
using "Run as administrator".

Thank you very much.

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>