Re: PHP 7.1.16 (cli) (built: Apr 10 2018 18:09:30) ( NTS )

On 2018-06-16 19:08, Larry Baker via cygwin wrote:
> I have been battling this issue for many weeks now and hoping to get some
> direction on what to try next.
> I have installed php, everything seems to be working except:
> /usr/lib/php/20160303/php_com_dotnet.dll.
> Cygwin PHP does not come with php_com_dotnet.dll so I downloaded from
> Microsoft. I'm trying to pull data from Visual Fox Pro 8.0 files.
> My php.ini file looks like this:
> [COM]
> [PHP_COM_DOTNET]
> extension=php_com_dotnet.dll
> But when I execute my code, I get this error:
> PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
> '/usr/lib/php/20160303/php_com_dotnet.dll' - No such file or directory in
> Unknown on line 0
> PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'COM' not found in
> /cygdrive/f/php/postcard.php:13
> Stack trace:
> #0 {main}
>   thrown in /cygdrive/f/php/postcard.php on line 13
> I have searched forever and can't find a solution.
> Why would PHP installation have this dll included for this version of PHP?
> <?php
> $conn = new COM("ADODB.Connection");
> $conn->Open("Provider=VFPOLEDB.1;Data Source=/cygdrive/f/php;Collating Sequence=Machine");
> // open in read-only mode
> $db = dbase_open('postcard.dbf', 0);
> // do some stuff
> ?>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

You probably need to install and run native Windows PHP under a native Windows
web server to use MS COM DLLs, as I don't believe Cygwin supports Windows COM or
ODBC; the Data Source should be the VFP data file path (....vbc?)

Alternatively you could convert the VFP data to a PHP supported data format e.g.
FOX2X, FOXPLUS, DBASE/DBF, or CSV, or move it into a PHP supported DBMS.

You should seriously consider moving from VFP, which has been EoL for 10 years,
to something being maintained currently, while there are still systems,
converters, tools, services, and knowledge available to do so. Unless you are
running in a VM, MS next Windows update could kill your app. The cost/effort and
repercussions from dealing with that could outweigh the cost/effort of proactive
replacement, if this is a company app.