Re: octave says WGL_ARB_multisample is missing

On 27/06/2018 19:00, William Mitchell wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions.

I thought updating the display driver sounded good, since this is a very
old computer, but when I asked to update the driver it searched for a new
driver and eventually said my driver is up to date.

Can you show the output of 'glxinfo' and 'LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1 glxinfo', please?

I set LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE to 1.  That got rid of the WGL error messages,
but I still get the other messages:

Yeah, on second thoughts we should be already falling back to software rendering if we can't use WGL, so this isn't really going to help.

Insufficient GL support
error: unable to plot due to insufficient OpenGL support

This is harder, because it doesn't tell me _what_ is missing (or
"insufficient").

These are messages from octave.