Re: octave says WGL_ARB_multisample is missing

I'm afraid that didn't help any.  Now both glxinfo and octave print nothing
and return to the shell prompt almost immediately.  For octave, this
includes no output when I run a .m script that usually prints quite a bit
before starting the graphics.  xeyes still runs, though.

Thanks for trying,
Bill