Re: running self compiled 32 bit binary on 64 bit Windows?

On Mon 2018-07-09 (05:18), Andrey Repin wrote:

> > SIGH. I was hoping a 32 bit cygwin with 32 bit self compiled programs will
> > run on 64 bit Windows, too. But I was wrong.
> > Meanwhile I have 4 VMs:
> > Windows 32 bit with 32 bit cygwin
> > Windows 32 bit with 32 bit cygwin for compiling
> > Windows 64 bit with 64 bit cygwin
> > Windows 64 bit with 64 bit cygwin for compiling
>
> You can install both 32 and 64-bit Cygwin on the same machine.
> So you don't really need 4, while I see how having a build system separate is
> a good idea.

But I also need a test VM to check whether my self compiled programs will
run on an other system.

> > I have several 100 users, none of them is able to install cygwin
>
> *You* have to do it.

No, I cannot do that. I do not have access to their PCs.

> > I give them my preconfigured cygwin.zip (or cygwin64.zip) and tell them to
> > unpack it in C:\
>
> > http://fex.belwue.de/usecases/cygwin.html
>
> > This works so far without problems.
>
> Only by accident and promise.

This is sufficent for me :-)

--
Ullrich Horlacher              Server und Virtualisierung
Rechenzentrum TIK