Re: Issue running PowerShell code on Windows Machine from Linux machine using Cygwin

Shekhar Shukla writes:
> I am having issue while establishing a ssh connection from Linux to Windows
> machine using Cygwin. My powershell script works when I run it from Linux
> using ssh connection(Cygwin) to Windows  and manually enter my passowrd.
> But whn I use public key to authenticate my user(making a password less
> connection), it fails. Is it a bug with CYgwin?

No, Windows simply does not give you full access to your normal
privileges when you log in remotely without a password.  Specifically,
you won't be able to access anything that is considered non-local, like
external fileshares.

See: https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-setuid-overview

If you trust the server in question and all its administrators and other
users, you can use "Method 3" as described above.  Don't forget to set
up cygserver if you want to be able to set or change the password with a
non-administrative account.

Regards,
Achim.