Re: problem with paste-from-clipboard

On Tue, 7 Aug 2018 12:31:16, Bosmon wrote:
I have the same problem as the OP. I am on libreadline 7.0.3-3 - as far as I can see, the paste-from-clipboard command has become a no-op. I can verify that the data I want is in /dev/clipboard but nothing happens in response to the paste-from-clipboard command.
This keybinding used to work with an earlier version of libreadline.

are you certain about this? quoting myself:

Sanity check - does this even work with Linux? I just tried it with Lubuntu,
and it does not work either. Only the default Shift+Insert or Ctrl+Shift+V
work.

Lubuntu uses LXTerminal, with it you can do Edit, Preferences, Shortcuts and
change the Ctrl+Shift+V to something else - not sure where Shift+Insert comes
from - maybe readline?

If you are certain, perhaps you could name the last working version - similar to
git bisect - this would aid greatly in debugging this.