Re: gettext - acl tests - cygwin specific code path

On 8/21/2018 4:13 PM, Andrey Repin wrote:
> Greetings, cyg Simple!
>
>> During the testing at least one of the tests does `setfacl -m group:0:1
>> tmpfile0`.  Obviously this gets a 'permission denied' error as group 0
>> doesn't exist.  What do you suggest for reasonable replacement for 0?
>
> Nothing. Not all systems have a concept of "group 0". Just skip this test.

I'm not interested in skipping the test; after all the path for the test
is Cygwin specific.  It's just not the correct thing to do for the
Cygwin specific path.  I believe 11 to be the correct test and will
pursue that upstream.  Marco suggested maybe 544(Administrator) but that
doesn't work with a typical user build while doing the same in Linux for
root group 0 as a typical user I would need to have elevated privilege
in Windows to use 544.

--
cyg Simple