Re: Cygwin Dirmngr and TBB for windows

On Aug 30 14:35, Marco Atzeri wrote:
Am 30.08.2018 um 11:30 schrieb john doe:
On 7/11/2018 10:11 AM, john doe wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to get Cygwin dirmngr to work with  Tor Browser for Windows.

Following some discussion on the gnupg user list it looks like that
the connect(2) function in Cygwin does not return the proper error
code:

https://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2018-July/060768.html

On the above link one of the dev suggest that connect(2) returns
EPERMS instead of ECONREFUSED.

If ECONREFUSED is not returned when port 9050 is queried the
fallback code in dirmngr will not be executed and port 9150 will
never be used.

Using dirmngr on Debian with TBBfor linux works as expected.

Can anyone confirm that and subcequently make Cygwin return the
proper error code?

Any help is appriciated.

As any one has been able to confirm that the issue is present in Cygwin
code?
I didn't see anything regarding this issue in the beta version of Cygwin
or did I mist it?

a Simple Test Case will help to verify the claim.

Full ACK.

connect is not expected to return EPERM
http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/functions/connect.html

Cygwin does not explicitely generate EPERM anywhere near
AF_INET/AF_INET6 code.  Nor does a Winsock error exist which
gets gonverted to EPERM.

The *only* way to generate EPERM is if an underlying Winsock function
returns an error code not handled by Cygwin.  I never encountered
that case, though.  Thus, a STC is highly appreciated.

Corinna

Thanks both for your answer and your willingness to look into this.

STC:
1)  Have Tor Browser for Windows up and running.
2)  Start dirmngr:
  $ mkdir ${HOME}/try
  $ dirmngr --homedir ${HOME}/try -vvv --debug-all --server --use-tor
  -> KS_GET -- 0x6C6ACD6417B3ACB1

Basically, dirmngr should be able to connect to TBB for Windows like it does on linux and retreave the key.

Let me know if more informations are needed.
I came to this list because the issue seems to come from Cygwin, according to the discussion at the first URL in this e-mail.

--
John Doe