Re: Cygwin fails to utilize Unicode replacement character

On Sep  3 20:20, Thomas Wolff wrote:
> Am 03.09.2018 um 19:56 schrieb Thomas Wolff:

> > > ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
> > Dito; hold on, sorry, your code does *not* work inside mintty.
> > Mine looks a bit different and I thought to have manually verified it's
> > functionally equivalent, but indeed there must be something fishy...
> You still need to
>   SelectObject(cdc, f);
> where f is the HFONT of the font you want to check.
> To compare, you may check out function win_check_glyphs in file wintext.c in
> mintty.

Thanks but I don't know how to get a HFONT for the current console font.

In the meantime I figured out why my GetCurrentConsoleFontEx call
failed with error 87:

When looking again I realized there's a member called cbSize.  The MSDN
docs neglect to tell that the cbSize member has to be primed with
sizeof(CONSOLE_FONT_INFOEX).  As soon as I tried that, the function
succeeded.

Well, it's a start.  I now have the actual font name.  No idea how to
get a HFONT from there, though.  From what I can tell ATM, I'd have to
call CreateFont to get a new HFONT and then destroy it again after
usage.  This looks pretty wasteful.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat