Re: handling invalid user/groups (was incompat in cygwin choice of using '+' as domain and user separator.)

The only sane way to handle unknown SIDs in file ACLs is to ignore them
entirely.  The result will be that you never see them in getfacl, nor
will they be stored by tar or rsync.  They are just not there from the
Cygwin perspective.
---
	Sounds fine to me...

I created a patch, uploaded developer snapshots to
https://cygwin.com/snapshots/ and released a new Cygwin test
release 2.11.0-0.4 with this change.  Please giver any of
them a try.

does the latest cygwin also have this patch as I wasn't able to
duplicate the error case with the newer cygwin (nor the patch you posted earlier). I.e. was trying to make sure I got the error
w/o patch, then goes away w/patch, but in this case, either I didn't
dup the error or it was in latest version.

Hoping it is the latter.

Cheers,
Linda

p.s. -- some "FYI" stuff about your email:
when i respond to one of your emails, I get two (2) "To:" entries -- both to cygwin@cygwin.com.
	I think it might be because the emails from you contain
	two 'Mail-Followup-To:' lines -- see below**.

Also, I don't get your message included in a response
(because it is in a separate attachment.  Is that intentional?

**-(elided header stuff):