Re: continued acl problems

Greetings, L A Walsh!

>>> In all of these cases it appears that the problem is with directories.
>>
>>> At first thought it was related to presence of 'TRUSTED USER'
>>
>>> But I saw some 'flakeyness' on domain ID's,
>>> where I saw it display the correct text for them,
>>> but scrolling down to look for problems, and back up had the
>>> permissions dialog showing the raw numbers for my domain ID's, but
>>> scrolling again showed them as Domain\ID.
>>
>> Do you have cygserver running?
> ----
>         Well....rt now, not sure...hmmm

If you see them in service manager, then I'm curious by your observed
behavior.
cygserver's one effect is to stabilize SID resolution within a session.
And yes, you should not be starting cygserver manually, unless for testing
purposes. I have no idea, what effect would have multiple cygserver's running
in the same system.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin