RE: Cygwin windows won't close

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon@yandex.ru>
Sent: Tuesday, October 9, 2018 4:47 AM
To: Ziegelmiller, Lyle(AWF) <lyziegelmiller@paypal.com>; cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Cygwin windows won't close

Greetings, Ziegelmiller, Lyle(AWF)!

> Greetings.

>>> I mean the Cygwin command-window terminal, invoked by this shortcut:
>
>>> C:\cygwin64\bin\mintty.exe -i /Cygwin-Terminal.ico -
>
>> Does it happen if you try to close the terminal immediately after starting?

> Yes, as well as any time after that.

>> Did you run any specific applications for it to happen?

> No. Even if I just open the window, and then attempt to close it, it does this.

>> Any alterations to shell startup scripts?

> In .bashrc, I have at the end, after all the commented out stuff:
> set -o vi
> set tabcomplete
> alias path="echo $PATH | perl -pe 's/:/\n/g'"
> alias cdpath="echo $CDPATH | perl -pe 's/:/\n/g'"
> export FIGNORE=.o:.java~:.class:.bak
> alias wpwd='cygpath --windows `pwd`'

> if [ -z "$RANPROFILE" ]; then
>   PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:$PATH"
> Fi

> That's about all I've done to it.

Then I don't see much of the cause for such a behavior from Cygwin side.
May be other software interfering. Do you have a particularly zealous "antivirus", pehaps?

We're using "Symantec Endpoint Protection", Version 14.

I could see an anti-virus program preventing the execution of a Cygwin window, but not the closing of one.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...