Re: pinentry-curses not available?

On 11/2/2018 3:47 PM, David Dombrowsky wrote:
> I don't see a way to download `pinentry-curses` or `pinentry-tty` for
> use with `gpg-agent` (using gnupg v2).  Are these not maintained?  Or
> am I just looking at the wrong sources?
>
> In any case, I got pinentry-1.1.0 to compile against a cygwin-supplied
> version of ncurses, and it mostly works (you still need to tell it to
> not detach from the tty, not sure what's up with that).  This is very
> useful when signing git commits, and removing the need for a graphical
> console just to input my gpg passphrase.

I see from [1] that pinentry-w32 exists which is a replacement for
pinentry-curses which was in [2].  Now both of these are version 1.0.0.
Based on [3] Marco Atzeri can give or point to reasoning.

[1]
https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-cat.cgi?file=x86_64%2Fpinentry%2Fpinentry-1.0.0-2&grep=pinentry
[2]
https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-cat.cgi?file=x86_64%2Fpinentry%2Fpinentry-1.0.0-1&grep=pinentry