Re: Local rsync disk to disk slow

On Sun, 04 Nov 2018 13:59:34 +0100, Michael Lemke <lemkemch@t-online.de> wrote:

I am copying a large directory tree from one internal disk to another USB 3 connected disk on the same computer with this rsync line:

rsync -ahPvzHA --delete /d/Images /q/

This copies files at a rate of 20MB/s. If I copy the same tree with Windows Explorer I get about 90MB/s.

I take this back. Apparently, rsync ins't good at averaging transfer speeds. The files were too small for computing the real transfer rate. For files large enough to take longer to copy rsync computes 90MB/s as well.