Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mintty 2.9.4

Greetings, Thomas Wolff!

>>> I have uploaded mintty 2.9.4 with the following changes:
>>> Terminal features
>>>     * Copy as HTML (#811).
>> I should agree with Achim. This feature is utterly broken.
>> Copied fragments are inserted as HTML TABLES(of all the things!) with no formatting whatsoever.
> OK, it shall be made configurable. But please describe in which ways
> workflows are broken and how / in which application HTML tables (HTML
> source?) would appear.

When I copy a text string, I fully expect it to remain a string. Formatted,
colored, but still string.

> Of course plain text clipboard format is still supplied (multiple
> formats can be copied to the Windows clipboard at the same time,
> otherwise I wouldn't have enabled this by default), and the assumption
> was that an application pasting plain text from the Windows clipboard
> would still retrieve that.

Plain text is pasted as text, that's not an issue.
But pasting into a text processor is broken.
When I copy a text from PuTTY, it is pasted as colored/formatted, but text.
When I copy same text from MinTTY, it is pasted as uncolored/unformatted table
with a single cell.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin