Re: pthread_cond_timedwait with setclock(CLOCK_MONOTONIC) times out early

On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 5:18 AM Corinna Vinschen
<corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:

> On Nov 26 17:46, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > On Nov 26 10:47, James E. King III wrote:

> > > Some thoughts:
> > >
> > > https://cygwin.com/git/gitweb.cgi?p=newlib-cygwin.git;a=blob;f=winsup/cygwin/thread.cc;h=0bddaf345d255ae39187458dc6d02b1b4c8087c1;hb=HEAD#l2546
> > >
> > > In pthread_convert_abstime, line 2564, care is taken to adjust for
> > > rounding errors.
> > > At line 2574, the rounding is not accounted for when adjusting for a
> > > relative wait because it is a monotonic clock.
> > > Wouldn't that rounding error cause it to wait less time?
> >
> > Au contraire:
> >
> > - The end time you're waiting for is rounded *up*.
> > - The current time is rounded *down*
> > - So end time - current time is always bigger than required
> >   on the 100ns level.
> >
> > Make sense?
>
> I created a patch and uploaded new developer snapshots to
> https://cygwin.com/snapshots/  Please give them a try.
>

> Thanks,
> Corinna

This fixed the issue for me.  What's the best way to detect cygwin
with this support?
I see something around "has_precise_interrupt_time".  I suppose that
would be it?
I need to make some changes in Boost.Thread to accomodate it.

Thanks,

Jim