Re: Cygwin Statistics and curiosity

On 1/11/19 11:15 AM, Lemke, Michael  ST/HZA-ZIC2 wrote:
> On Friday, January 11, 2019 3:50 PM David Dombrowsky wrote:
>> On 1/11/19 8:40 AM, E. Madison Bray wrote:
>>> I have often wondered why apt-cyg [1] hasn't been adopted fully by
>>> Cygwin as one of the default packages (in fact I'm not sure if there
>>> even is an actual cygwin package for apt-cyg), aside from the fact
>>> that it's not formally maintained as part of the cygwin ecosystem.
>>> Maybe it should be.
>>
>> YES PLEASE!  Cygwin is awesome and this would put it firmly into the
>> first class of required windows programs/systems.
>
> It's dead:
>
> https://github.com/transcode-open/apt-cyg/blob/master/status.md

Bring Out Yer Dead!

What about package managers that don't interact with cygwin setup?  Why
not build `apt-get` et. al. to install to /opt/?  Yes I know it would be
a system within a system within a system, but it might be worth a shot.
 This, especially if the "cygwin setup" package manager isn't open
source (I thought everything cygwin was, but I guess not).

--
David Dombrowsky, Software Engineer
davek@6thstreetradio.org | 518-374-3204