Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST: Cygwin 3.0.0-0.3

> On Jan 31 20:48, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> On Jan 31 09:47, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
>>> Hi Corinna,
>>>
>>> I'm missing that topic/forkables branch in the announcement - is that in?
>>> https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-patches/2017-q1/msg00053.html
>>
>> No, it's not.  It hasn't been touched for almost two years so I forgot
>> about it.
>>
>> Does it still apply to current mainline?  Will it still work correctly
>> in conjunction with the Windows 10 1709/1803/1809 changes in terms of
>> deleting and renaming files?

Are these changes available in Windows Server 2016 as well?

>> More importantly, I'm not confident to maintain this code alone since it
>> won't be used most of the time and it adds a heck of complexity to
>> handle a border case.  Will you be available to maintain this code for
>> the forseeable future?  If not, the code won't go in, sorry.

Actually I've maintained these patches while waiting for Cygwin 3 already:
https://dev.gentoo.org/~haubi/cygwin-gentoo/x86_64/

Because we (the company) really need these patches, there will be someone
around to fix any breakage, and for 2019 it's confirmed to be myself.

> I rebased the topic/forkable branch on top of master.  There were only
> some minor conflicts which I have fixed correctly I hope.  Please give
> it a thorough try.

For Gentoo Prefix we recently have set up CI builds in Azure for Linux.
Are you aware of Windows+Cygwin build pipelines to be possible in Azure?

Thanks!
/haubi/