Re: Posting Order (was: Getting error message...)

Whether one prefers top, bottom, or inline posting often has a lot to
do with the mail program they use.

And sometimes the actual context and whether or not it might be
confusing what is being responded to exactly. For example top or
bottom posting "yes" to a bunch of questions can be confusing, as can
"no".

For the record I tend to prefer top posting.

I can scroll down if I forgot what the thread is about or never read
it but when I do know it gives me an often useful response immediately
at the top like "a newer version of XYZ has fixed that bug". With luck
any context I needed is in the Subject: (XYZ crashes when...)

I normally use Emacs/VM to read my email which may have capabilities
which influences my preference.

--
        -Barry Shein

Software Tool & Die    | bzs@TheWorld.com             | http://www.TheWorld.com