Re: antrun versus wsl versus cygwin

Am 17.02.2019 um 13:53 schrieb Thomas Wolff:
> Am 17.02.2019 um 12:11 schrieb Franz Fehringer:
>> Hi all (half off topic),
>>
>> I have installed (on a Windows 10 1809 system) both Cygwin and WSL (only
>> the Windows component, no real Linux distribution yet).
>> This scenario gives me a strange problem with antrun: With <exec
>> executable="bash"> i always get the WSL bash instead of the Cygwin one,
>> although Cygwin is first in PATH (both Cygwin PATH and Windows PATH),
>> even so if C:/Windows/System32 (location of WSL bash) is not in the
>> (Cygwin) PATH at all.
>> I made some tries with extra parameters like seachpath to no avail.
>> It (naturally) works if i give the full absolute path to the Cyhwin
>> bash, but this is awkward.
>> Any hints about reason and solution?
> No, just about some diagnostics (maybe your application does not see the
> extended PATH?): on a Windows cmd line, say `where bash` to see if it's
> really available...

I am not sure if i understand this correctly, but

Windows cmd:

C:\Users\feh01589>where bash
C:\Tools\Cygwin\bin\bash.exe
C:\Windows\System32\bash.exe

C:\Users\feh01589>`where bash`
'`where' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file

Cygwin bash:

FEH01589@MU-N-566 ~
$ where bash
C:\Tools\Cygwin\bin\bash.exe
C:\Windows\System32\bash.exe

FEH01589@MU-N-566 ~
$ `where bash`
-bash: C:\Tools\Cygwin\bin\bash.exe: Kommando nicht gefunden.

where is only available as a Windows executable (not a Cygwin one).