Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 10:16:44
From: James R. Phillips via cygwin <cygwin@cygwin.com>
To: "cygwin@cygwin.com" <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Subject: cygwin 3.0.1-1 breaks my sshd install

Hello,

My sshd install stops working when upgrading from cygwin 2.11.2-1 to 3.0.1-1.

After upgrading and restarting sshd, an attempted connection is always closed, even coming from localhost.

I have verified that I can get a server response with "$ telnet localhost 22", so I'm quite sure this is not a firewall issue.

I have not been able to locate any relevant information in /var/log. I see no diagnostic information in the files there.

After downgrading back to 2.11.2-1, connection functionality returns to normal.

Note: cygcheck.out created _after_ downgrade.

Regards
James R. Phillips