Re: cygwin 3.0.1-1 breaks my sshd install

On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 23:01:01, Houder  wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 22:41:08, Corinna Vinschen  wrote:
>
> > On Feb 20 22:35, Houder wrote:
> [snip]
>

> > > Perhaps I missed something in the last couple of month. Did I have
> > > to change
> > > something in the setup of openssh?
> >
> > I really don't know, this all works fine for me.  Try switching the
> > account starting sshd from cyg_server to LocalSystem and change
> > ownership of all files /etc/ssh* to SYSTEM.
>
> I carried out Andy M.'s instruction and it worked (as I wrote). The
> files you mention above are still owned by cyg_server (and readable
> by group Adminstrators).

As a final step I rebooted my system (W7, 64 bits, Uising 64-bits Cygwin).

I can still connect to the localhost w/ ssh ...

But I cannot start and stop the "sshd service" using cygrunsrv.

64-@@ cygrunsrv -E sshd
cygrunsrv: Error stopping a service: OpenService:  Win32 error 5:
Access is denied.

64-@@ cygrunsrv -S sshd
cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: OpenService:  Win32 error 5:
Access is denied.

I have to use the "services applet" from Windows in order to start and
stop the service.

Henri