Re: Cygwin 3.0.1-1 Breaks ALL cygwin applications on Windows 7 x64

On 2/26/2019 5:17 PM, Steven Penny wrote:
you know i just finished reading this entire thread and its kind of depressing. 7 replies from 5 people, and not one person explicitly answered the implicit,
most important, and frankly only question worth answering:

    Can anyone else reproduce this problem?

So i am here to answer that question. I was concerned as *I* use Windows 7 x64 as well. I just tested with a pristine virtual machine with Windows 7 x64 and Cygwin 3.0.1-1 and it works perfectly fine. Note it works fine with Cygwin.bat
or with the shortcut.

And you installed all the Windows Updates that apply to your system since the image you used to set up the VM, including all updates to .NET? And you're positive that there can't be any hardware issue that's not reproduceable in your VM?

So *something* is wrong on your system. Cant say what it might be, and i hate for you to have to reinstall the whole OS. However as far as im concerned at
this point, *its you*, not a Cygwin issue unless you can prove otherwise.

Glad to. Please let me know what evidence will suffice to prove that.

If it is my system our organization is going to have bigger issues. There are about 3,700 workstations with this machine image just in this building.