Fatal errors when compiling x264 from source while Avisynth is enabled

I'm trying to follow the FFmpeg wiki's guide here to build FFmpeg from source with the most superior codecs it can make use of, like libfdk-aac and libopus:

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/CompilationGuide/Ubuntu

I've sorted many of the dependencies to get it to work on Cygwin, and thankfully I didn't need to build most of the packages in that guide from source because they were included in the Cygwin repository, but there are 2 or 3 that are not, including x264 and x265.

So I'm now trying to build x624 from source with the following command:

cd /ffmpeg_sources && git -C x264 pull 2> /dev/null || git clone --depth 1 https://git.videolan.org/git/x264 && cd x264 && PATH="/usr/local/bin:$PATH" PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/ffmpeg_build/lib/pkgconfig" ./configure --prefix="/ffmpeg_build" --bindir="/usr/local/bin" --enable-static --enable-pic && PATH="usr/local/bin:$PATH" make -j4 && make install

But at the configure stage of this command, I get a few errors and lots of warnings, but the final  error is this one:

[Makefile:272: input/avs.o] Error 1

I believe this is a Cygwin error based on the fact that the error immediately before the one above is the HMODULE error here:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45181102/ffmpeg-on-cygwin-failed-to-compile-libx264-error-unknown-type-name-hmodule

And in that question the OP and another answer are trying to follow the very same guide while using Cygwin on the same 64-bit Windows 7.

What's the problem here and how can I solve it? The errors go away and the compilation works when I include --disable-avs, but I don't want the version of FFmpeg that I build to come without AVS/Avisynth support.

Thank you in advance.